On Wed, 20 Dec 2000, Ken Weingold wrote:

> I am going to be setting up Linux server at work for something and
> want to do backups, weekly I guess.  Any suggestions on software to do
> this?  I am not familiar with unix backups.

I can recommend the Ecrix SCSI DLT tape drive -- 66 Gb (or smaller) tapes.

For software, rolling your own with tar is the best solution, in my
opinion. There's a good discussion of backups in 'Linux System
Administration', Carling et al., New Riders 2000. If you're a tyro at
backing up, you will benefit from Chapter 8 of 'The Linux Problem Solver',
Brian Ward, No Starch 2000.

Good luck,
Dwight