Stefan Srdic wrote:

> I have a Creative Vibra 16x (Sound Blaster 16) that I'm trying to
> configure so that I can listen to music in Debian. Where do I find the
> proper kernel modules for my card and how do I load them in Debian?
>
> I know which IRQ, DMA 8 and DMA 16 plus I/O that the card uses but do
> not no which module[s] are needed to load this card.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> Stef
>
> --

You will find my config, below, just change io irq and dma's to your
needs.
If it is an ISA card like my one see the isapnp.conf file too.

Michael

--
Michael Steiner, Minorgasse 35, A-1140 Vienna, Austria

in /etc/modutils/sb

   options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5

in /etc/modules
   soundcore
   sound
   uart401
   sb

in /etc/isapnp.conf

##############
# VIBRA16
##############

(READPORT 0x0273)
(ISOLATE PRESERVE)
(IDENTIFY *)
(VERBOSITY 2)
(CONFLICT (IO FATAL)(IRQ FATAL)(DMA FATAL)(MEM FATAL)) # or WARNING
# SB 16 and OPL3 devices
(CONFIGURE CTL0070/-1 (LD 0
(INT 0 (IRQ 5 (MODE +E)))
(DMA 0 (CHANNEL 1))
(DMA 1 (CHANNEL 5))
(IO 0 (SIZE 16) (BASE 0x0220))
(IO 1 (SIZE  2) (BASE 0x0330))
(IO 2 (SIZE  4) (BASE 0x0388))
(NAME "CTL0070/-1[0]{Audio               }")
(ACT Y)
))

# Joystick device - only if you need it :-/

(CONFIGURE CTL0070/-1 (LD 1
(IO 0 (SIZE 1) (BASE 0x0200))
(NAME "CTL0070/-1[1]{Game                }")
(ACT Y)
))
(WAITFORKEY)