bleah.   why remove them?   swoosh them into a temp directory where you can
delete them with prejudice.

but this is a much better idea:  find out what the file command says about
your fortran OS/2 executables.  say,

        $ file bleeb.exe
        fortran OS/2 hoopla executable blahblah

then use something like:

        find / -exec file \{} \; | grep 'hoopla executable blahblah'

you can use this to get all the files, and put them in a holding area.  or
you can delete them outright.  whatever you want to do.

pete

On Wed 10 Jan 01,  5:48 PM, David B . Harris said...