On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 12:29:25PM -0600, Benjamin Pharr wrote:
> I can't use 'make menuconfig' when trying to use the kernel because ncurses
> is not installed.  I have tried:
>
> apt-get install ncurses
> apt-get install libncurses
> apt-get install libncurses-dev
>
> all with no luck.  I'm not very familiar with the Debian packaging system,
> so could someone help me out?  Thanks!

        Do a search for "ncurses" @ -
        http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages

        You will find that "ncurses" isn't the name of an actual
        package.  I don't know exactly which one you need but
        "ncurses-base" might be a place to start.  Maybe this will give
        you enough to get on your way.
        kent

--
  "In order to make an apple pie from scratch,
      you must first create the universe."