From: Robert Kerr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 8:09 PM
To: Moritz Schulte
Cc: Debian List
Subject: Re: dselect/firewall

On 11 Jan 2001, Moritz Schulte wrote:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> > At work, our internet access is from a proxyserver.  Is there anyway
> > I can set dselect on my Debian 2.2r2 laptop to access through the
> > proxyserver, while I'm at work.
>
> $ export http_proxy="http://foobar/"; # or ftp_proxy?
> $ dselect
>
> I don't know, wether other dselect methods than apt honor http_proxy.
>
>       moritz

The problem I have with this (which I've tried) is that I can't set the
proxy using a port number ie. "http://foobar:80";.  We have an autoproxy
that we have to point at.  Is there a way around that?

--
-bob

Remember the... the... uhh.....
* Robert Kerr, The morphing guy.  *    MS 0847 Sandia National Labs  *
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]               *    Albuquerque NM 87185-0847     *
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]             *      Phone: (505) 844-8606       *
* http://www.et.byu.edu/~kerrr    *      Fax: (505) 844-9297         *