Some user of a system I administer want to ftp in my system. The problem is
that with ftp all  the passowrd are in clear and I fear someone can sniff the
and use them to ssh in my system.
the majority of the windows  users don't have ssh (at least a good ssh) so
the hint "use ssh" is not practicable for me.
What is the best way to configure the ftp server to minimize the sniffing
risks?

thanks
please CC me: I'm already following debian-devel and I could not
stand the traffic volume of debian-devel+debian-user

--
Francesco Tapparo                                |      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fight for your software freedoms: www.fsf.org    |      [EMAIL PROTECTED]