Hi,

Usually Karsten's comment are correct on this mailing list but this time
I think differently.

I have IDE CD-RW connected with scsi emulation driver like yours.
So, in my /etc/fstab there exists:

/dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noauto 0       0

If you set this with /dev/hdc, there will be error acessing this drive.
I have done it and it did not work!

Of course, you can boot without lilo append line and treat the CD drive
as standard IDE /dev/hdc but you can not use it for CD-RW.

Of course if you have CD-ROM on your system and mounting it on /cdrom,
your choice of /cdburner may be a good alternative mount point.

Regards,

Osamu