Johan Groth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>I'm a newbie to Debian (a former Red Hat user) and am wondering how to
>recompile a .deb from a src .deb with different compile options than the
>default ones? In Red Hat you change rpmrc and then type rpm -rebuild
><src-package.srpm>. I assume there is something similar in Debian.

Yes, you cd to the top-level directory of the unpacked source tree,
change debian/rules and possibly other files, and type
'dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot' (you need the dpkg-dev and fakeroot
packages). If you install the devscripts package you can just type
'debuild'.

(For both of those commands, adding '-us -uc' will stop the package
building scripts from trying to sign the source package or the .changes
file, which unless you're the maintainer you normally won't be able to
do.)

--
Colin Watson                                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]