Lo, on Thursday, January 25, Nate Amsden did write:

> Pedro Pereira wrote:
> >
> > Hi.
> > I have NIS installed and working good on my LAN.
> > But I'd like to install shadow passwords as well.
> > I've tried it, but as I compile the NIS maps, the users aren't no longer
> > able to login :(
> > Could somebody please help me?
> > Thanks.
>
> use NIS+ ..i believe the NIS with linux does not support shadow.
> although i am
> not aware of a NIS+ solution that is debianized in stable.

Is this the NIS server, or the NIS client?  I'm about to try installing
potato on a machine at work, and I need to be able to work off our MIS
department's NIS server on a Solaris box upstairs.  This works just fine
with RH 6.2, so I'm guessing it'll be fine with potato, but confirmation
before the install would be nice.

Will that work?

Richard