You don't even have to recompile, but you have to activate apm. At the lilo-prompt, type "linux apm=on" to test it. If that works, you can save that in /etc/lilo.conf with the line append="apm=on"

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

You need to recompile your kernel with "advanced power management BIOS
support" turned on.  I think that's the only option you need (someone
correct me if I'm wrong).  Your BIOS needs to support this as well (I
believe most modern BIOSs do).

Gerry