> i must confess I just managed to get my sound
> card to work. I was wondering how to subscribe to
> napster....I am guessing because of the legal case
> against napster that one can not subscribe? I notice
> that newsgroups have a lot of files... any advice on
> how to find interesting sounds/music etc.

I wasn't aware that they weren't accepting new accounts and/or users.
What happens the first time you run gnapster ?? It should ask for your
username and password. You may have to check the "console" tab for
messages. Also, unlike the real napster, gnapster allows you to change
your name/password much easier. In the preferences menu, under one of
the tabs, there's a checkbox for "New account".

Hall