Humm...

I think the .kde dir still lives even if you compltely
remove kde with dselect.. SO, if you want a complete new install
with defualt values, might be a good idea following the removal to
do a locate kde and see what comes up. example:
locate kde | grep /home/yourusername | less

So far, I started with kde1x then updated to 2.01, then 2.1 and
now using 2.1beta2.. But I have had several problems along the way
with old config files/new config files etc.

Good luck.

--

Jaye Inabnit, ARS ke6sls     e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
707-442-6579 h/m                     707-268-4074