Hi,

Just a quick question that shouldn't be too hard to answer.  Since rolling
my own 2.4.1 kernel, I'm getting this annoying message during bootup that
i can't get to go away:

modprobe:  Note:  /etc/modules.conf is more recent than
/lib/modules/2.4.1/modules.dep

i tried doing a 'depmod -a' to redo the modules.dep file, and then reboot,
however i still got this message.  Somewhere during the bootup process
something must be doing a touch on modules.conf or something to cause
this.  Perhaps it's the modprobe call in /etc/init.d/modutils ?  I looked
at that script, but couldn't figure it out.  Could anyone tell me how to
fix this?

thanks,

dave