hi

I am trying to create a dumby package for qmail, I have created a ctl file
from the template (the attached file), then when I do 'equivs qmail.ctl' I
get the output shown below

thanks

Neil

dh_testdir
touch build-stamp
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_clean -k
# Add here commands to install the package into debian/tmp.
touch install-stamp
dh_testdir
dh_testroot
dh_installdocs
dh_installchangelogs
parsechangelog/debian: error: badly formatted heading line, at changelog
line 1
Use of uninitialized value at /usr/share/debhelper/Dh_Lib.pm line 268.
dh_compress
dh_fixperms
dh_installdeb
dh_gencontrol
dpkg-gencontrol: unknown option `-pqmail_dummy_package'

Debian GNU/Linux dpkg-gencontrol 1.6.15.  Copyright (C) 1996
Ian Jackson.  This is free software; see the GNU General Public Licence
version 2 or later for copying conditions.  There is NO warranty.

Usage: dpkg-gencontrol [options ...]

          -c<controlfile>        get control info from this file
          -l<changelogfile>      get per-version info from this file
          -F<changelogformat>    force change log format
          -v<forceversion>       set version of binary package
          -f<fileslistfile>      write files here instead of debian/files
          -P<packagebuilddir>    temporary build dir instead of debian/tmp
          -O                     write to stdout, not .../DEBIAN/control
          -is                    include section field
          -ip                    include priority field
          -isp|-ips              include both section and priority
          -D<field>=<value>      override or add a field and value
          -U<field>              remove a field
          -V<name>=<value>       set a substitution variable
          -T<varlistfile>        read variables here, not debian/substvars
          -h                     print this message
dh_gencontrol: command returned error code
make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
Error during the build process: Illegal seek at /usr/bin/equivs-build line
162, <IN> chunk 33.