Hi,

I'm posting about a recent error in my daemon log that occurs every
other day stating:

modprobe can't locate module binfmt-002 (these numbers change)

The kernel source docs say that binfmt is used by the shell to start
other, I assume, non-native executables like DOS or Java, etc.

Now I've looked at my last kernel config file build and I have:

CONFIG_BINFMT_AOUT=y
CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF=y
CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC=y

So I configured it in. But when I build modules, there are none for it.

I see no pattern to the error message and the only recent application I
can think of that was added was Netscape 476, could it be Java?

This is a fresh error, so did I forget something out of my config?
Should I add something, is it Netscape and I should now change
something?

This is bugging me big time and any help appreciated.

--

        //
 ____/~~(0)     Jonathan Gift