On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 09:23:58AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am doing a new install of Debian 2.2 onto a older box of mine.  I am
> trying to get past the network modules installation.  I started with 2
> Linksys ISA cards and had no luck so pulled them out and put in a PCI
> Linksys Etherfast card. I tryed the ne module and ne PCI NE2000 support
> module but when it probes I get this error everytime.
>
> /lib/modules/2.2.18pre21/net/ni5010.o: init_modlues: Device or resource busy
>
> I do have the same type of card in another Debian box which I do not recall
> having problems with but in saying that, it has been in there for over a
> year now.

I would start with one of the isa cards, not both at the same time.  Try
getting one working and then move on.  I've never used Linksys cards so
don't know if the isa cards are supported or which module they would need.

The first step is seeing if the kernel detects the cards at all.  What
does "dmesg" say about the cards?  Post that and we can go from there.
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted