To quote Peter Jay Salzman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
# don't have this problem, just for my own knowledge...
#
# doesn't this require a quasi-new bios?  since lilo can only bootstrap
using
# whatever services the bios allows.

True enough, it does require a BIOS with EDD support. The LILO sources
have a bit on it, I think. Also, I think almost any Pentium-compatible
BIOS has it, so you're looking at five year old computers :) If you've
got a five year old computer, the $200 spent on a hard drive with which
LILO would need EDD support could be better spent elsewhere :)

David Barclay Harris, Clan Barclay
    Aut agere, aut mori. (Either action, or death.)