Hello.

After the recent upgrade of Sawfish, I find that I cannot run
`sawfish-ui`:

        $ sawfish-ui
        error--> (file-error "No such file or directory" "sawfish/client")

After following the suggestions at
<http://www.sawfish.org/threads.phtml?sid=34>, this is what I
receive:

        # apt-get update && apt-get remove rep && apt-get clean && apt-get
install task-helix-gnome
        Hit http://spidermonkey.helixcode.com unstable/main Packages

        Hit http://spidermonkey.helixcode.com unstable/main Release

        Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages

        Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Release

        Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/contrib Packages

        Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/contrib Release

        Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/non-free Packages

        Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/non-free Release

        Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages

        Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Release

        Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/contrib Packages

        Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/contrib Release

        Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/non-free Packages

        Hit http://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/non-free Release

        Hit ftp://spidermonkey.ximian.com ./ Packages

        Get:1 ftp://spidermonkey.ximian.com ./ Release
        Ign ftp://spidermonkey.ximian.com ./ Release
        Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Sources
        Ign http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Release
        Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/contrib Sources
        Ign http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/contrib Release
        Hit http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/non-free Sources
        Ign http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/non-free Release
        Reading Package Lists... Done
        Building Dependency Tree... Done
        Reading Package Lists... Done
        Building Dependency Tree... Done
        The following packages will be REMOVED:
          rep
          0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 1  not
          upgraded.
          Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 119kB will be
          freed.
          Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
          (Reading database ... 79131 files and directories currently
          installed.)
          Removing rep ...
          Reading Package Lists... Done
          Building Dependency Tree... Done
          Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you
          have
          requested an impossible situation or if you are using the
          unstable
          distribution that some required packages have not yet been
          created
          or been moved out of Incoming.

          Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely
          likely that
          that package should be filed.

            task-helix-gnome: Depends: gnome-games but it is not going to
            be installed
            E: Sorry, broken packages

        # dpkg -l 'sawfish*' 'rep*'
        pn  sawfish        <none>         (no description available)
        ii  sawfish-gnome  0.37.3-3       A highly configurable window manager
for X11
        pn  sawfish-lisp-s <none>         (no description available)
        pn  sawfish-merlin <none>         (no description available)
        pn  sawfish-themes <none>         (no description available)
        ii  rep            0.13.4-helix1  lisp command interpreter frontends to
librep
        pn  rep-doc        <none>         (no description available)
        ii  rep-gtk        0.15-helix3    GTK binding for librep
        ii  rep-gtk-gnome  0.15-helix3    GTK binding for librep with gnome
support
        ii  reportbug      1.14           Reports bugs in the Debian
distribution.
        pn  reppu          <none>         (no description available)

Now, these broken deps are for stuff that I really don't want
anyways.  In garrett's instructions, what individual packages are
required?  I really don't want everything that task-helix-gnome
provides.

I also tried s/task-helix-gnome/task-helix-core/, with no luck.
Unfortunately, I do not understand how to resolve this issue by
myself with just the information from Sawfish's forum.  If anyone
has a clear explanation and solution to this problem--or some
otherwise helpful insight--please respond to this thread.

Thank you all, kindly.  Long live LISP!

--
Adam J. Henry  <ahenry(a)heidelberg(.)edu><pgp: 0xBD168A74>
               <www.heidelberg.edu/~ahenry><icq: 69243836>