dear all,

i'm trying to install viavoice (ibm's voice recognition engine) on my woody
system.  viavoice requires "blackdown java JRE-1.2.2 rev RC4".   other than
a few non-technical details, i know nothing about java.   don't even know
what a JRE is.  but i'd really like to get speech recognition working on my
box.

on the mirror ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/linux/devel/lang/java/blackdown.org/
        debian/dists/woody/non-free/binary-i386/

there are the following packages:

j2re1.3_1.2.99rc1-3_i386.deb
j2re1.3_1.3.0-2_i386.deb
j2sdk1.3-doc-installer_1.3.0-1_all.deb
j2sdk1.3_1.2.99rc1-3_i386.deb
j2sdk1.3_1.3.0-2_i386.deb
jai-lib_1.0.2-1_i386.deb
jai-sample_1.0.2-1_all.deb
java3d-re_1.2-2_i386.deb
java3d-sdk_1.2-2_i386.deb
jmf_2.1.0.99-beta2-1_i386.deb

it looks like java3d-re_1.2-2_i386.deb is the correct package.  what do
people think?

thanks!
pete

--
"Coffee... I've conquered the Borg on coffee!"               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       -- Kathryn Janeway on the virtues of coffee           www.dirac.org/p