Hello,

You can also use pon since the new pppconfig will support dial on demand. The
trick is to issue the pon statement following your boot up. That will
configure your network to listen for outgoing packets and start the link
automatically (like windoz does) and stop it at a preset time you configure.
Simply start pppconfig and edit your current account and check the advanced
section, add 'demand dialing' and 'idle shutdown time'.

I'm using it on two boxes and it seems to work quite painlessly.

Or just 'pon' when you need and 'poff' when you're finished.

best regards

--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls/TELE: USA-707-442-6579\/A GNU-Debian linux user
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] WEB: http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls ICQ: 12741145