On Saturday 17 March 2001 13:07, mike polniak wrote:
> I am using Gnus5.8.8 and emacs 20.7 and would like to try Gnus with
> xemacs. If i just apt-get install xemacs from stable will it work
> with my current version of Gnus (unstable). Are there any problems
> using the same version of Gnus with emacs and xemacs?

I'm pretty sure that won't work.  As best I remember, gnus byte
compiles differently in emacs and xemacs so the two versions are not
compatible.  The xemacs package at debian comes with an older version
of gnus, but it's a piece of cake to download a tarball from gnus.org
and roll your own.  There is always a stable release version called
gnus.tar.gz and a development version called something like
ognus.tar.gz or pgnus.tar.gz.  They're working backwards through the
alphabet so ognus is newer than pgnus.  Kind of like debian stable and
unstable,  the stable version is usually quite solid while the
development version may be broken in some fashion on any given day.

--
Bud Rogers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.