On Sat, Mar 17, 2001 at 06:11:25PM -0500, Jonathan Markevich wrote:
> Has anyone used a usb mouse in kernel 2.4?  I'm running Woody and finally
> got 2.4 running, hoping for its advantages.  I can't seem to get gpm to
> recognize the mouse.
>
> I found a page that recommends:
> mknod /dev/mice c 13 63
>
> And I also tried:
> mknod /dev/input/mouse0 c 180 16
>
> ...as a test, based on devices.txt in the kernel tarball.  My /proc/devices
> contains:

this is the new input layer, you need to have a few other options
turned on for it to work, such as:

CONFIG_INPUT_EVDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_KEYBDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1024
CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=768

you will probably find more info about the input layer and usb mice on
powerpc GNU/Linux sites such as penguinppc.org then anywhere.  recent
macs have no other option then usb input devices.  the setup should be
not much different from powerpc to x86.  also check archives of
debian-powerpc.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/