> > installation started and then driver disks? base disks? Can I not go
> > directly to getting things off the network after booting in with the
> > rescue and root disks?

install potato/stable, then munge /etc/apt/sources changing
"stable" to "woody" (or "testing") and then

        apt-get update
        apt-get upgrade

On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 08:48:37PM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Install woody using potato boot disks
> ide-pci kernel on ide boot disk enables pci network cards.
>
>  1. Get 3 potato disk set of IDE boot/root(/driver) disks
>  2. Boot with FD
>  3. Fdisk/fsck/mount swap, root, tmp, var, home, usr (no 2.0 support)
>  4. Install OS from network. No need for driver disk(s)
>  5. Configure driver (No action option)
>  6. Install base system from network (base2_2.tgz)
>  7. Configure base system
>  8. Install lilo to /target and keep current multiboot mbr
>  9. Reboot system (Lazy not to create FD)
> 10. MD5 yes, shadow yes, setup also user account
> 11. Edit source by hand (setup 2 entries, change "stable" to "testing")

/etc/apt/sources.list is what you mean, right?

--
It is always hazardous to ask "Why?" in science, but it is often
interesting to do so just the same.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://newbieDoc.sourceforge.net/ -- we need your brain!