Lo, on Wednesday, March 21, Jan Ulrich Hasecke did write:

> Hallo Keith!
>
> > I have no idea where to even look for a solution. Is it in dvips,
> > latex, lprng, magicfilters, printcap?
>
> Try "texconfig" as root and set the offset in the dvips section.

This will fix the problem, yes.  For help in getting the offsets right, you
might take a look at /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/base/testpage.tex, included
as part of the tetex-base package.  It prints out a sheet with graduated
scales in the margins so you can figure the offsets fairly precisely.

Richard