- this is not a personal remark but a vented frustration -

I've mentioned this many times before but it doesn't seem to trickle thru
into 'that one thing to do'. Debian Linux has some excellent howto's and
readme's wich will get you thru 99.5% of all your installation and
configuration trouble. It is worth reading/searching these/thru howto's
because they contain exactly what you need.

It might take you a few hours or just a few minutes (depends on your skills
and chance factor) to get thru it but you'll have learned MUCH more then you
started out with. You'll even grasp some basic understanding of your linux
system and so on. In the end you'll see this is a good mood of operation, it
takes time and yes it's rather tedious/boring/annoying but never a shamefull
thing to do.

Get yourself Midnight Commander installed as well since it offers a great
way to browse thru these documents and also has a good search *cough* engine
(just used the find instruction really) wich is easy to use. Lynx might also
be usefull if you have the html documentation installed since it offers a
fast way to navigate thru the howto's (wich are in html)

Really, i had to do it too and yes i hated it at first but know i'm a full
fledged documentation worm.

Greetings and underance to you and all of you,

Joris