dear all,

i just got a razer boomslang 2000 usb mouse.   now i'm trying to figure out
how to get this thing to work.

compiled USB into my kernel, and i'm seeing all the right kinds of messages
on startup:

satan kernel: Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=linux-usb ro root=305 noapic
satan kernel: usb.c: registered new driver usbdevfs
satan kernel: usb.c: registered new driver hub
satan kernel: usb.c: new USB bus registered, assigned bus number 1
satan kernel: usb.c: registered new driver hid
satan kernel: input0: USB HID v1.00 Mouse [ USB Mouse] on usb1:2.0

the only warning flag i see is that i'm sharing an IRQ with the scsi drive.
don't think this is a problem.  not really using scsi for anything at the
moment (it's my cdrom drive and burner).

           CPU0       CPU1
 11:        103          0          XT-PIC  aic7xxx, usb-uhci

anyone have any idea what protocol i need to use with gpm?

do USB mice even USE gpm?   (dumb question, yeah.  i dunno!)

pete

----- End forwarded message -----

--
"Coffee... I've conquered the Borg on coffee!"               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
       -- Kathryn Janeway on the virtues of coffee           www.dirac.org/p