on Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 03:18:48AM +0200, David Jardine ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:
> I recently re-installed a slink system from scratch on my
> home computer (I'm no expert) after a failed attempt to install
> potato, but can no longer get incoming mail.
>
> Fetchmail dies with something like the following:
>
>       fetchmail: POP3< 9 562
>       fetchmail: POP3< .
>       9 messages for davidj at pop3.web.de (8864 octets).
>       fetchmail: POP3> RETR 1
>       fetchmail: POP3< +OK Nachricht folgt/message follows
>       reading message 1 of 9 (2297 octets)
>       fetchmail: realloc failed
>
> followed by 'Segmentation fault'.  It leaves a file named

I've experienced this behavior with poorly formed mail headers, almost
always generated by spam engines.

I've found it's occasionally possible to clear these items by hand
following the appropriate RFC.  Which I'm frantically digging through
posted emails trying to find....  No luck.  I dug it up once though --
believe it's the POP protocol.