Hi all,

This is just something that's getting slightly annoying - iptables is refusing
to log to /var/log/*. Runnning dmesg I can see all the iptables reports, so its
logging to the kernel, just syslog is ignoring it (?).

My /var/log/messages entry in /etc/syslog.conf is as follows:

*.=info;*.=notice;*.=warn;\
        auth,authpriv.none;\
        cron,daemon.none;\
        mail,news.none          -/var/log/messages

What do I need to add so syslog passes the iptables messages into the log?

Many thanks for any help,

Adam James

--
The true Southern watermelon is a boon apart, and not to be mentioned with
commoner things.  It is chief of the world's luxuries, king by the grace of God