On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 10:00:55AM +0100, Keith O'Connell wrote:
> My "stable" is based around 2.2.17, if the new "stable" is based around
> 2.2.2x, or 2.4.x, then how does apt-get dist-upgrade deal with a new
> "stable" kernel?
>
> Will it just download and install the new one, give driver module
> options, then ask for a reboot. I know it is coming in the near future,
> so I thought I would get some information on how it is done in the
> Debian world.

hm, i have no idea how it would deal with the kernel issue in a
dist-upgrade but the kernel isn't just updated like that when a new one
is released (you may have noticed this much..)

i just did an upgrade though because of the security alert.. that was a
simple apt-get install kernel-image-2.2.19.. like a charm!! this is sooo
beautiful.. thank you, debian developers for making life this easy!! :-)

anyway, i hope that answered at least part of your question.. have fun..

        frank.