Hello,

I have installed an old CGA video card in my computer, next to my VGA
card. The system boots with (view on, I mean) the VGA card. When I load
the modules fbcon-hga.o and hgafb.o, the CGA card takes over the video
output and the VGA card drops dead (well, it stops working). When I start
X, X is displayed through the VGA card on the VGA monitor. So then I have
two views: X on VGA and a console on CGA.

But, when I am under X, the console stops working, until I switch to
console mode. I want to use the CGA as a logscreen for syslogd.

So, how can you let the CGA card working while you are under X, or how
must you configure Linux when you want to use two videocards in general?

Thanks in advance,
Sebastiaan

--
$ man clone