On 20 May 2001, Randolph S. Kahle wrote:
> My question to the group is this. Which Debian release should I use -
> Potato with modification for 2.4 or Woody? I want as stable a machine
> configuration as I can get while settling on the 2.4 kernel.

I just upgraded from 2.2.18 to 2.4.4 a couple of days ago, and I'm running
Woody.  As expected, it was very smooth.  All of the packages that I
needed were already in place.  I'm not using devfs and I did build the
ipchains.o compatibility module, so I didn't need the iptables or devfsd
packages.

Unfortunately, I can't give you the alternate view (of doing it with
Potato).  Hopefully, someone else can.

Good luck!

--
David Steinberg                             -o)
Computer Engineering Undergrad, UBC         / \