On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 08:53:05AM -0500, ktb wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 11:47:22PM +1000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Is there any free mail accounts (like hotmail etc.) that allow you to
> > download your mail so that you can read it with mutt say?  Instead of
> > having to view it through the web browser when connected to the
> > internet.

> How about doing it the other way around, access your isp's email account
> with a free email account?

There are lots of reasons why this is, IMO, a less desirable solution, mostly
centering around the basic notion that, if the mail is on your machine, you
can access and filter it however you want instead of being tied to whatever
piece of drek interface the mail service provider gives you.  In this
particular case, I suspect (based on the "when connected to the internet"
comment above) that mdevin is on a dialup link and doesn't want to have to
bring the link up and tie up a phone line while reading mail over that slow
link.

--
That's not gibberish...  It's Linux. - Byers, The Lone Gunmen
Geek Code 3.12:  GCS d? s+: a C++ UL++++$ P++>+++ L+++>++++ E- W--(++) N+