On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 01:25:43PM +0300, Derya PALANCI wrote:
> Hi all there,
>
> I'm working at a school and we have a debian server. We use ip
> masq for more than one hundred Windows NT . Last week i get an
> empty PC and installed debian to it. Now i have a problem. I
> want to find a way to connect to my second debian from my home
> but it doesnt have an IP of its own its under the main server.
> So can i do something to say to the main server that whenever
> a "x.ourdomain.com " request comes it has to go to that
> machine? Sorry for my terrible techn eng. but this is all i
> know... :(

there may be other ways -- but the way i do that is to set up
PORT FORWARDING:

where the main contact/server is

        http://xyz.somesite.tld:80/    == 1.2.3.4

and a behind-the scenes localnet addres you're trying to reach
from outside might be 192.168.12.34:

        http://xyz.somesite.tld:12345/ -> 192.168.12.34:7777

this will have your server at 1.2.3.4, which doubles as, say,
192.168.1.1 on your internal lan, forward any request that comes
in on port 12345 (via the 1.2.3.4 interface) to machine
192.168.12.34 port 7777 --

        For 2.2x kernels, replace 'ipportfw' and 'ipautofw'
        with 'ipmasqadm portfw' and 'ipmasqadm autofw'

        # ipportfw -A -t ext.ern.al.ip/port -R se.rv.er.ip/port
        where -t is tcp, or replace it with -u for udp

        # ipautofw -A -r proto low high -h se.rv.er.ip
        where proto is tcp or udp, low is the first port, and high is
        the last port (ipautofw is good for a contiguous group of ports)

...as gleaned from http://lrp.c0wz.com/dox/portfw.txt

so, for my potato on 2.2 i'd use

        apt-get install netbase   # probably have this already
        ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L 1.2.3.4 12345 -R 192.168.12.34 7777

to learn more, try

        ipmasqadm portfw -h

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #12 from Will Trillich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
: