On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 11:18:29AM -0400, Sebastian Canagaratna wrote:
>   Are there any programs around for linux which provide the sort of
>   programming environment given by Microsoft Visual Basic and Visual
>   C++?

Look in to kdestudio, as part of KDE 2.0.x.  I don't actually use it,
but from what I've seen of it it's probably what you want.  You don't
actually need the full KDE desktop in order to use it, either.

You may wish to either compile from the KDE source distribution or get
the source package from unstable ('sid').  KDE 2.0 was not yet released
when we released Debian 2.2.

noah