I've recently bought a US Robotics 56K PCI winmodem. I realized the last
part (winmodem) just a few days ago.

How do I install it in Woody?

Currently I'm using Woody, unstable/testing and kernel 2.4.20.

YES!!!! These modems are "supported." They problem is that the entire driver is not GPL'd (like some would prefer) because of the proprietary core interface.

If your modem is a PCTel/HSP (or some other such variant), the howto is here: http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/pctel.html

If is is a Lucent variant (like the vast majority), you can obtain a .deb (install with 'dpkg -i <file>.deb') for your particular kernel version here:

http://www.sfu.ca/~cth/ltmodem/dists/debian/8.00a3/

or here:

http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/heby/ltmodem/dists/debian/8.00a3/

If you are interested in additional details they can be found here:

http://www.sfu.ca/~cth/ltmodem/index.html

along with a link to a partial source distribituion that you can compile against your kernel (assuming it is not a stock kernel).

The install will pop out a warning about contaminating your distro with a non-GPL driver, but is just for information (it does not affect the function).

The Lucent variant is what I have (in my Toshiba Laptop) and I have succesfully used the driver for a while (as well as the RedHat version when I briefly ran RH8.0).

-Roberto Sanchez