On Tuesday 26 June 2001 11:38, Jaye Inabnit ke6sls wrote:
> Good info. I had a 486/66MHz system. I pulled out the huge 350mb
> hard drive and installed my 20Gb wd. The bios seen *something* and
> then I installed debian. Never had a hitch with it.I don't really
> think debian gives a rip what the bios thinks at any rate!

A good reason I think for having a separate /boot directory. There I
dump kernels from various linux distros and have grub boot them
even if I mark the second hard drive as Uninstalled in the bios. Also
allows me to merrily repartition without grub saying it can't find
its second stage (or something similar).