* Keri ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) spake thusly:

> When trying the "loadkeys defkeymap" I received the following:
> /usr/share/keymaps/i386/querty/defkeymap.kmap.qz
>
> and then typing install-keymap defkeymap brings me:
>
> Command Not Found

It means /usr/sbin is not in your search path. You can
a) type in full path: "/usr/sbin/install-keymap defkeymap"
b) add /usr/sbin to search path: type
   "export PATH=${PATH}:/usr/sbin", assuming your login shell
   is bash (type "echo $SHELL" to find out).
IIRC you need to be root to run install-keymap.

>... Am kind of lost.
Welcome to the brave new world of Real Operating Systems.

Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)
http://www.bmrb.wisc.edu/descript/gpgkey.dmaziuk.ascii -- GnuPG 1.0.4 public key