On Friday 06 July 2001 11:20, Paul Tansom wrote:
> I'm trying to compile a driver from scyld.com on my Debian 2.2r3 install.
> I have the kernel source downloaded from kernel.org (as this isn't for my
> Debian install - I have also tried the sources from Debian with now luck),
> but when I compile I get the error:
>
> linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory

Ick, this happened to me a while ago, too.

modversions.h is created when the kernel is recompiled.  Otherwise, I *think*
it may be in the kernel-headers package, if you don't want to recompile your
entire kernel before compiling one dinky little driver.  Of course, if oyu
use kernel-headers, then you should use the corresponding kernel-image
package (and you don't need the entire kernel source at all)

--Brendan