Cheng-Dar K Lee wrote:

Hi,
I am a newbie of Debian. I tried to install the potato version of Debian for like the nth time and still couldn't get my mouse worked. The mouse doesn't follow my hand motion and moves erratically on the screen in X. The protocol in XF86Config is "PS/2" and the device driver for the mouse is "/dev/psaux", which is the configuration info I got when I installed RH 6.2.

Thanks,
Kevin Lee

Change the device from /dev/psaux to /dev/gpmdata in your XF83Config file. If this is still not working change the repeater-type to raw in your gpm.conf.

Frank