To all experiencing the 2.4.5 swap problems, you guys should follow the
kernel lists or read kernel-traffic when running the latest kernels.
IIRC, shortly after kernel 2.4.5 was released there was a report of
problems involving swap and memory use.

The fix was to have twice as much swap as RAM (or more).  This may require
one to have multiple swap partitions, if you have more than 64M of RAM.
If you have more than one HD and your machine is using swap, you can
improve your machine's performance by placing each swap partition on a
different drive.

I tested this on a machine running 2.4.5 and found that it works fine, but
I am not currently running that kernel, as I have no specific need for it.

--ptw

--
  Paul T Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   And, strange to tell, among the Earthen Lot
   Some could articulate, while others not:
      And suddenly one more impatient cried --
   "Who is the Potter, pray, and who the Pot?"

            -- The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam --