make sure you have configured zonealarm to see your debian system as
part of the intranet and make sure your intranet security level is no
higher than medium.

you can set you local addresses using a mask like 192.168.0.0 netmask
255.255.255.0. Cant remember exactly where you set this. I think its
on the security settings where you get the intranet section on the
left and the internet section on the right.

Good luck

Shri