* Alan Chandler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2003-03-03 22:23]:

> Debconf seems to have updated /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 so that the
> order of the fontpaths is non optimal.  You probably also have a
> .bak file with the config before the change - to see what it did.

I compared the settings.   They have been changed.  However, setting
them back, and restarting the x-server completely, i.e. logging out to
the console could not help!

The respective settings in XF86Config-4 look now (again):

Section "Files"
  FontPath  "unix/:7100"      # local font server
  # if the local font server has problems, we can fall back on these
  FontPath  "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/misc"
  FontPath  "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/cyrillic"
  FontPath  "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi/:unscaled"
  FontPath  "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi/:unscaled"
  FontPath  "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Type1"
  FontPath  "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/CID"
  FontPath  "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/Speedo"
  FontPath  "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/100dpi"
  FontPath  "/usr/lib/X11/fonts/75dpi"
EndSection

Could it be that the xfs daemon is source of the problem -- of this
one, unfortunately, I do not have any backup-config.

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |