On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 10:23:57AM +0000, Lambrecht Joris wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a different interface to dpkg/APT besides dselect ?
>
> I'm getting _REALLY_ frustrated because of the vast number of packages one is
> supposed to know by either heart or divine intervention.
>
> Isn't there a tool that shows a list that is ordered in a less sequential way
> ?
>
> Same goes for all X interfaces i've tested ....

You might try installing tasksel. Here is the description:

tasksel - Tool for selecting tasks for installation on Debian system

This package provides 'tasksel', a simple interface for users who want
to pick general tasks for installation on their Debian GNU/Linux
system.  This program is used during the installation process, but
users can also use tasksel at any point.