I am building a new computer (a first for me) and will
be using an Abit KT7A motherboard with Athlon 1.3 Ghz
cpu. I would appreciate recommendations for a video
card which could be auto detected or at least very
easy to install for X window system. I have tried
installing a Linux drive for an NVIDIA Geforce  GTS
chip set on another machine without success. Also I
want to install a CD-WR internal or CD-rom it must be
able to be bootable. Thanks. Regarding the video card
one of the things I wish to do is edit video and
convert analog vcr tapes to digital format movies ie
mpeg. Will I need a seperate card for this pupose or
can this be combined with card for monitor?