I made the plunge and completely turned my Dell Inspiron 3000 into a Debian
box.  I installed using the CD's (that is installed multiple times).

After a few false starts I have a working Debian computer using the
Enlightened desktop.  I'm unfortunately less than complete in my
installation.  Under the main desktop menu, I cannot get some of the
programs to respond.  Specifically I cannot get Netscape to run as well as I
cannot get any games to show up.

Also I need some suggestions on a word processor and user-friendly database
program.  I have one week before I start classes and I'd really prefer to
get this box running under Debian.  I'm going into the belly of the beast
called Law School in the hopes of pursuing my idealistic interests in
intellectual property.   I'm mostly technically savvy,but not completely
(read: I'm a mechanical engineering by schooling and previous job).

Thanks ahead of time for any help.

James A. Hilsenteger
[EMAIL PROTECTED]