email. I don't even know if my reply reached you because of that. It's
getting annoying.

 Alex.
--- Begin Message ---
* [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> * On 16-08-01 at 21:34 Oleksandr Moskalenko ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> +----Here quoted text begins----+
>
> >   Change your sources.list to point to testing rather than unstable and
> > run 'apt-get install "package"/testing'. This will downgrade the
> > "package". The easiest way to put a package on hold is to run this at
> > your shell prompt:
> >
> > echo "packagename hold" | dpkg --set-selections
> >
> > This was posted on the debian-user list earlier by:
> > From: "der.hans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >
> >   Later you'll be able to apt-get install these packages when they are
> > fixed and all will be good and grass will be green again. That's what I
> > hope for anyways.
> >
> >   Regards,
> >
> >  Alex.
> +----and here the quote ends----+
> Hi!
>
> There is another problem with this matter. If I insert the testing sources to
> my sources.list and than do apt-get update and than try to install anything I
> keep getting failed dependancies, if I remove the testing paths from
> sources.list everything works just fine. Do you by any chance know how to fix
> this? To have both unstable and testing paths in sources.list file and still
> be
> able to operate normally with the debian packages via apt?
>
> THX in advance!
>
> Bostjan

  Bostjan,

 What works is this: comment out your unstable sources, uncomment
testing sources, do "apt-get update", then run "apt-get install
xserver-xfree86/testing". Do the same for xfree86-common, then run the
"hold" script I forwarded you earlier, change source lines to unstable
and do your business as usual.

  This may not be the best way, but it works (TM) and I don't know any
better.

  Alex.

--- End Message ---