On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 11:45:14 -0700, Jason Majors wrote:

[...]
>> Even if you HAD a keyboard that fits you would SURELY kill your machine by
hot-
>> plugging it in (smash the keyboard-controller's fuse, if it has one, or even
>> blow the controller itself.)
>No...I do this all the time whenever I need to boot my firewall or my server,
>both of which run without keyboards most of the time.

Then you have probably just been lucky all the time. :-)

Seriously, I've seen LOTS of fuses blow by just hot-plugging the keyboard. I
don't know whether modern boards are more robust with this respect, but I doubt
it.

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\