I've compiled framebuffer support into my kernel using the
Matrox option. If I want support for this as soon as LILO is
done, I can't compile it as a module, can I ?? They don't get
loaded 'til a bit later...

If I compile it directly in, which I've done at this point,
I'm lost on how to configure LILO. I 'cloned' an entry in my
lilo.conf file, one will use 'vga=ask' (that I'll use for
non-framebuffer) and the other I want to use the option
described in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/fb/matroxfb.txt. It
mentions a line similar to this:

video=matrox:vesa:443

(that's from memory...)

When I add this to my lilo.conf file and run '/sbin/lilo -v',
it complains about that particular entry.

Is anyone using anything similar ?? Can anyone help ??

Regards
Hall