eh. Maybe I should set mutt to set the Reply-to or whatever to the
list... whoever that was may want to send that again to the list as
I deleted it already. anyway, they mentioned using a C test program
on assumedly a large file, and apparently fopen was failing with an
error about large files not being supported. Checked some things;
nothing on the fopen(3) manpage about large files, but open(2) has
this (not sure it's relevant, but something to consider):
    O_LARGEFILE
        On 32-bit systems that support the Large Files System, allow
        files whose sizes cannot be represented in 31 bits to be opened.

OK. fopen() is the library call, and open() is the system (kernel)
call, and I'm guessing the one calls the other. However, I have
*no idea* how exactly any of this information relates to something
practical. Any gurus out there? :)  I do have a hunch tho. It could
just be a compiler option or something that's needed.

HTH,
Mike McGuire