I've been unable to get a recent installation of the
"testing" dosemu to recognize the disk files and directories
in /var/lib/dosemu. The only difference between the current
configuration file and the one on my previous machine is
that the comments talk about DOSEMU_LIB_DIR instead of
/var/lib/dosemu, suggesting some internal change in the
program. The odd thing is, the global.conf file defines
both DOSEMU_LIB_DIR and DOSEMU_HDIMAGE_DIR,

    $DOSEMU_LIB_DIR = "/usr/lib/dosemu";
    $DOSEMU_CONF_DIR = "/etc/dosemu";
    $DOSEMU_HDIMAGE_DIR = "/var/lib/dosemu";

Moving the disk files to /usr/lib/dosemu doesn't help.
Any ideas?

Ron Steinke